16.1hh Warmblood X, talented and fun event horse / all rounder in full work, fit and ready to go as soon as venues open up again.
Absolutely honest, detailed advert as perfect home only required for this super talented and loving horse. Absolutely no novices. Would suit competitive teenager wanting to event BE 80/90/100
- Hacks perfectly, on the buckle end if required (prefers company, will go alone with encouragement).
- Likes to look at lorries/farm vehicles as they pass otherwise can be nervous but will go with leg/encouragement
- Forward with big and correct paces (amazing walk!)
- Well schooled, working at Novice level dressage, scored low 70 in last two tests at Field House medium trot now established, medium canter there and being improved, knows his lateral work
- Excels at jumping, never wants to touch a pole, super agile, go off any stride, doesn’t stop
- Excellent XC, goes through the water (might slow for a look), ditches etc
- Has done huge range of competitions and activities (Arena Eventing incl Chatsworth; combined training, dressage, SJ, XC, ODE, clinics, camps, beach rides, pleasure rides, horse holidays)
- Perfect ground manners, loads in single trailer, perfect to travel and handle away from home, will stand on trailer quietly and let horses leave him
- Snaffle mouth all phases, not strong at all and happy to canter behind or in front, horses can leave him behind and doesn’t panic happy to just catch up at the end
- Excellent to shoe, and for dentist/vet, good to clip most of body, happy to stand for studs etc
- Turns out with mares or geldings (currently with a mare)
- Super to catch
- Thrives off work, both ridden and ground work, loves to learn
- Great around children and dogs
- Such a sweet and affectionate horse, absolute pleasure to have around and to handle
- Doesn’t like to be left alone in the field
- Can be sensitive and may need to gain trust especially when working around his head (i.e. going up to him with a headcollar) prefers a quiet handler/rider (when he trusts you it’s not an issue)
- Shy around ears, can be very fidgety to clip in this area, might need to trust you before he’ll let you do it at all, think he’s been twitched before and it’s made him wary
- Sometimes fidgety to bath but will let you
- Needs a confident rider for bigger environments i.e. taking to a busy one day event he can sometimes (not always) get tense and will look to the rider to give him confidence to go round, I haven’t had much experience in the competition environment before him so might just be that it’s at the edge of my comfort zone too! A more experienced rider than me took him round Solihull ODE and he went no problem, and was 100% perfect for me at Chatsworth Arena Eventing even walking all the way down through the lorries and crowds alone without issue and falling to sleep in the collecting ring!
- He has the potential to be spooky and looky, especially in new environments, this improves 100% with noise cancelling fly bonnet. He’s never, ever nasty or evasive and will respond to the rider and leg
- Can pop in an occasional buck, can be from just exuberance or tension, needs an experienced rider for this reason
- Sensitive to changes in tack, he’s not a type that will ride around with a tight saddle or a bridle that rubs him, he will let you know he’s not happy (usually by fidgeting, tension, may buck if saddle doesn’t fit)
- Can sometimes flap tongue out while ridden, so probably not suited to pure dressage home even though he does a nice test!
- Best suited to an experienced or confident rider looking to do a bit of everything, not a happy hacker, definitely more of an eventing type!
This is an wonderfully intelligent, trainable horse who needs a quiet and confident rider. I have been super critical and as detailed as possible in the advert, as the right home is an absolute must for this lovely horse.
Happy to take him to different trial facilities for serious buyers to try him away from home and see him travel.
Videos (sorry not best quality as only filmed for personal use!) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8jcoWsAco...Read full description