ServicesLivery Yards£ 380 / month
We are offering 2 spaces for retirement livery on a beautiful quiet and private estate, surrounded by farmland near Newbury, in West Berkshire.
The horses will be turned out with two other retired horses, including our own mare. We provide year-round grazing in post and rail and hedge-lined paddocks. We rotate our fields according to weather, season and grass cover and rest them when necessary. Grazing is in a stunning 15 acre water meadow and we do not use any chemical spray or fertiliser of any kind. Our soil is very well-drained and so does not get boggy and inaccessible. The land is beautifully maintained and all upkeep is done by us. As well as having the benefit of large field shelters with a hardstanding in every field, the horses benefit from natural shade from a number of large trees, as well as a freshwater stream that runs through the meadows. Our fields are very large but all are easily accessible. We are on site 24/7. Finally, we have experience looking after older horses and offer you stress-free retirement for your much-loved friend.
I have over 30 years of experience with horses, producing and competing eventers and show jumpers, as well as running a busy livery yard near Ascot.
We have the following facilities on offer that will give you peace of mind that your horse is happy and being well looked after:
• Year-round turnout in our fields
• 24/7 on site supervision
• Hay fed ad-lib in winter
• Quality hard feed fed in winter if required
• 24/7 veterinary cover by local equine vet (owner is responsible for cost of veterinary services)
• Routine feet-trimming by qualified farrier
• Minor cuts and grazes cleaned and treated.
• Worming programme
• Yearly dentistry by qualified EDT or vet (routine maintenance included in price)
• Assistance with vet, farrier and dentist
• Rugs checked and changed when required.
• Rugs cleaned (repairs at owners cost)
• Fields rotated, harrowed and poo-picked
• Water troughs cleaned regularly
• Full public liability and employers liability cover held
• On-site holiday let for anyone wanting to visit from far away
• Easy access London M4 / Oxford & South A34. We are 5 mins from junction 13 of the M4
• Updates with photos / videos
• Visits by owner welcome
Other facilities also available:
• 20x40 all weather floodlit school with jumps
• Excellent hacking and quiet rural lanes
• Secure floodlit yard
• We also have an on-site holiday let which can be booked if you are travelling from afar and want to spend some time with your horse :-)
Please contact us for more details or to arrange a visit. ...Read full description