HorsesAll RoundersHunters£ 8,000 OVNO
Just recently passed a 5 stage vetting. Very genuine and honest lad. Very people orientated.
Charlie was backed 2 years ago by myself after extensive groundwork and work in-hand. When it came to hopping on, he was a dream. Just stood. It was then just a case of transferring the groundwork commands to the ridden position which he picked up in no time at all.
He is a kind, genuine and affectionate boy who was bred and been here since birth. He has always been treated with kindness and patience, being guided and shown what is required throughout his training.
I do not hide the fact that he is somewhat green and a little unfit therefore needs his education furthering together with his fitness and straightness by any possible purchaser.
He has just been brought lightly back into work (2 weeks ago) having the winter off due to my other commitments. Prior to this he was lunged, ridden and hacked out on the roads, both alone and in company. I have ridden Charlie both alone and in company into the busy town centre and over several busy motorway bridges, not once has he given me cause to feel unsafe. This is how much confidence I have in my training methods and more importantly Charlie.
Prior to lockdown I began to jump him and introduced him to the world of cross country at Field Farm on the east coast (see photos). He was shown every jump prior to actually being ridden round jumping first time with no hesitation. He also did a full course of multi coloured jumps with fillers. We also ventured into the sea which he thoroughly enjoyed along with hacking on the busy coastal roads.
I am happy for any vet checks that you may wish to undertake on him, 2 to 5 stage as appropriate. He has been well looked after and bought on very slowly to hopefully enjoy a long working life.
Charlie has Olympic dressage and show jumping competitors and producers within his pedigree, which can be seen.
He has a wonderful laid-back personality, with an incredible trainable attitude towards work. He has great conformation and is starting to show good movement with the basic training he has had to date. He was allowed to mature before being backed, but has always been handled on the ground throughout his entire life.
He lunges well and listens to your voice. He has very low mileage under his belt and is now ready to move on to someone that can now further that education and take him to his full potential.
* Snaffle mouthed and listening well to your seat.
* Excellent on the road.
* Will hack alone or in company, any position (does not kick out).
* Stands perfectly for the farrier, be it just a trim or shod. Currently unshod but he will be re-shod on his fronts within the next few days.
* Excellent for the dentist, which he’s fully up to date with (due again now, but will be done prior to selling).
* Great to clip, although he can be a little sensitive around his head. But he will oblige with patience.
* Excellent to box and travels well. He has been on trailers and large horseboxes during his life.
*Enjoys being groomed, bathed.
*He loves being in human company and will happily follow you around the field.
* Has had regular massages throughout all his groundwork and ridden training. Something he loves.
* Easy to catch. Being 17.1hh I have taught him to lower his head to allow both head collar or bridle to be fitted. The same goes when removing them.
* Great in the stable and easy to rug up.
* Happy living in or out (rugged).
* Shown no vices to which I am aware.
* Excellent stable manners.
* Stands for his sheath being cleaned.
We have facilities for you to try him should you wish to do so.
Wonderful opportunity to purchase a good allrounder, to shape into whatever discipline you would like to partake in.
No tack is involved within the sale.
Sorry he is not for loan or loan with view to buy. So please only genuine enquiries....Read full description