Are you ready to buy a horse? 5 Essential Steps Before Considering Buying a Horse
Buying & Selling Beginners Advice
Babs is a 12yr old Appaloosa x Welsh B pony. Approx 13.3h, gelding, he has been with me all his life. We have been to most of the local competition centres jumping- Rectory Farm Arena, Summerhouse/Prestige, Rabson Manor, CCR, you name it he's been there jumping unaffiliated 80/90/1m, hunter trials/eventing, BRC comps & clinics etc.
I am considering putting him out on loan as I have a few others & it's hard work & he could be doing more with someone else & having a bit more attention.
He is quirky like most appies, 90% of the time he's very easy to ride & a bit of a dobbin, however for jumping & when life gets more exciting he can be a prancing pony & full of beans so for that 10% he is definitely not for a novice.
He is good to hack in traffic, alone & in company, has done fun rides (not the busy ones as that cause him to blow his top), I have only every ridden him in a snaffle but he'll probably be too strong for a child to jump in a snaffle his bit may want to be changed for jumping.
I want him to go to someone who wants to jump/xc/pony club & have general fun (not hunting again would be too much for him). He is not an easy pony to jump, he needs to be ridden, you can't just sit there or he'll stop, he needs leg on & to be kicked even when he's pulling like a train.
He is a huge part of our family so I reserve the right to be extra fussy, if you can't fulfill the below please don't message me
- loan only, I want him to return to me.
- lives out mainly in a mixed herd & I want him to live with other horses.
- I want him to stay local - within 1hr of Cricklade SN6, I want to be able to check him occasionally & don't want to drive hours!
- please only message if you are over 18, if a child please get the responsible adult to msg me.
- as I want him to get out & about not just a hacking home I would expect you to have transport/trailer etc.
- I will want to see some videos of the rider riding because he is not for a novice, he is not a 1st or 2nd pony, he wants either a small adult like myself (under 9.5stone) or a confident, competent kid.
He loads himself into a lorry or trailer, good to clip, shoe, no vices, isn't a bucker but has very occasionally bucked when fired up, a very gentle, easy to manage pony that is used to going out with other horses, can be left to stand alone on trailer for hours, very easy to deal with & good nature.