- 16.2hh+ schoolmaster/all-rounder
- 9-14 y/o gelding, chunky, athletic Sports Horse type (or draft x)
- MUST be up to weight, with plenty of bone
- Safe, sane and sensible. Nothing fizzy/fresh, esp. if not ridden for a few days
- Good breaks. No spooking, bucking, rearing, bolting
- Suitable for a novice and someone more experienced
Looking for a weight-carrying compact schoolmaster, who is forward/responsive without being silly or strong. A confidence giver to be my new best friend. My confidence has been knocked following a nasty accident, so want something to build trust in and help get me back where I was. Sadly due to injuries sustained, I can occasionally be a little unbalanced. I'm working on it, but any potential horse MUST be accepting of this, and able to look after his rider if I get it wrong!
Will mainly be used for lessons/schooling, hacking, low-level competitions and clinics. Must be well schooled on the flat - great paces, with lateral work in place (leg yield, shoulder in, counter canter etc). Must be willing/trainable in this area and capable of a nice test.
I want to get back into jumping following a medical break. Must take you nicely to a fence and giver rider confidence. Great to hack alone and in company - in traffic and open spaces.
Good on ground in ALL respects, with no vices or health problems. Good feet! No cobs please, and no greys. To be kept on lovely yard with excellent facilities.
Purchase will be subject to passing a 5 stage vetting and bloods. Decent budget for right horse. Please message with photos/videos.Read more