ServicesLivery Yards£ 300 / month
We have spaces for retirement livery on a beautiful quiet and private estate, surrounded by farmland near Newbury, in West Berkshire.
The horses will be turned out with two other retired horses, including our own mare. We provide year-round grazing in post and rail and hedge-lined paddocks. We rotate our fields according to weather, season and grass cover and rest them when necessary. Grazing is in a stunning 15 acre water meadow and we do not use any chemical spray or fertiliser of any kind. Our soil is very well-drained and so does not get boggy and inaccessible. The land is maintained to a high standard and all upkeep is done by us. The horses enjoy the benefits of large field shelters, and natural shade from a number of large trees, as well as a freshwater stream that runs through the meadows. Our fields are easily accessible and we are on site 24/7. Finally, we have experience looking after older horses and offer you stress-free retirement for your much-loved friend.
I have over 30 years of experience with horses, producing and competing eventers and show jumpers, as well as running a busy livery yard near Ascot.
We have the following facilities on offer that will give you peace of mind that your horse is happy and being well looked after:
• Year-round turnout in our fields
• 24/7 on site supervision
• Quality hard feed and hay fed in winter as and when required
• 24/7 veterinary cover by local equine vet (owner is responsible for cost of veterinary services)
• Routine feet-trimming by qualified farrier
• Minor cuts and grazes cleaned and treated.
• Worming programme
• Yearly dentistry by qualified EDT or vet (routine maintenance included in price)
• Assistance with vet, farrier and dentist
• Rugs checked and changed when required.
• Rugs cleaned (repairs at owners cost)
• Fields rotated, harrowed and poo-picked
• Water troughs cleaned regularly
• Full public liability and employers liability cover held
• Easy access London M4 / Oxford & South A34. We are 5 mins from junction 13 of the M4
• Updates with photos / videos
• Visits by owner welcome
• We also have an on-site holiday let which can be booked if you are travelling from afar and want to spend some time with your horse :-)
Please contact Alex for more details or to arrange a visit.
Prices from £300 / month for a pony...Read full description