ServicesLivery Yards£ 425 / month
From the end of March 2020 we will have space for a retirement livery at our private farm near East Grinstead, West Sussex.
A home from home for your special friend! We are a friendly, professional, private farm that is home to a small number of retirees, they are very much a part of the family and are looked after as our own.
The farm has 13 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside and a wooden stable yard where each horse has it’s own 12’ by 12’ stable which includes a hay bar, rubber matting, salt lick and shavings bed.
All the fields have perimeter post and rail fencing (no barbed wire), automatic water troughs and natural shelter. 2 paddocks are reserved for the winter months (nearest the stables) and have hardstanding where we feed haylage during the day which keeps the horses off the mud when feeding.
We are a very small yard (maximum of 5 horses) so your horse will receive lots of one on one attention!
OUR FULL RETIREMENT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Daily checks (owners live on site)
– Worming 4 x per year (wormer included, typically use Equest and Equest Pramox)
– Haylage and hard feed during the winter
– Sawdust bedding
– Salt lick in stable
– Attendance with Vet, farrier and dentist when required (attendance only, the vet / farrier / dentist fees are not included)
– Supplements and medications administered as required (provided by the owner)
– Stabled overnight during the winter in own 12 x 12 wooden stable on the yard
– Turnout in well maintained, post and rail and electric fenced paddocks
– Hardstanding in winter paddock where haylage fed during the day to prevent mud fever
– Rugging / changing rugs when appropriate in the winter
– Fly masks / sheets when appropriate in the summer
– Application of sun block on pink noses during the summer
– Regular grooming / baths / general contact
– Minor cuts and grazes cleaned and treated
– Fields rotated and harrowed
– Troughs cleaned regularly
– Summer seasons 24/7 turnout (stabled during the day if very hot)
– 24/7 Veterinary cover by local equine vet – horses are automatically registered with our vet unless you’d prefer to use your own.
– Full public liability cover held
– Lots of love and cuddles!!!
Please visit our website for more information: https://thehorsedrawncarriagecompany.com/retirement-livery/...Read full description