Equestrian JobsEquine ManagementFull Time
Yard Manager required with immediate start for private international showjumping and breeding yard in East Sussex.
Full time position on a private yard working with quality, well-bred show jumping horses, some breeding mares and young stock.
If you are an ambitious person looking for long term career prospects and growth, this is the position for you.
• Prioritise the horses’ welfare
• Be confident with horses
• Competent to ride / hack, lunge
• Good at management as sole charge
• Self starter with initiative
• Turn out to a very high standard
• Efficient, clean, tidy and dedicated
• Be good at time keeping
• Available to travel horses in the UK and abroad
• Be happy working on your own and as part of the small diverse team
• Be able to help with general maintenance and upkeep and cleanliness of the yard, facilities and horseboxes
• Work a 6 day week, groom at day and stay away shows
• Live-in preferable but not essential, smart accommodation available
• HGV cat. 2 licence preferable
Other desirable characteristics:
• Be able to manage stock of feed, bedding, hay, etc.
• Liaise with the vet, farrier, saddler, physio and so on
• Competence in office tasks such as diary management, show entries, telephone enquiries.
• Help out in areas of the employer’s equestrian business alongside or in the absence of other members of the team.
Lovely yard in a beautiful location.
Great opportunity for someone who wants to grow their knowledge and skills with horses and in equestrian business.
Good salary, dependent on age and skills, with options for bonus’s.
...Read full description