Approximate mileages Ruthin 3 miles | Mold 13 miles | A55 Expressway 16 miles | Wrexham 17 miles | Chester 25 miles | Liverpool 43 miles | Manchester Airport 55 miles The greater part of an outstanding Grade II Listed Elizabethan Country House. The property has spectacular breath-taking panoramic views along the Clwydian Range and is some three miles from the market town of Ruthin, 13 miles from Mold and 26 miles from Chester. In brief it affords: entrance vestibule, reception hall, inner hall with a fine staircase, two reception rooms, fitted kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, first floor split level landing, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, second floor includes 2 bedrooms and an attic room. Private sweeping driveway with delightful well stocked gardens with original Elizabethan terracing. Eyarth Hall is believed to date from the late 16th century with origins as far back as 1100. Archaelogia Cambrionis tells us the Hall was once owned by the Lord of Chirk. Rice Williams, who built Eyarth Hall in 1593, was the personal assistant of Gabriel Goodman, who was the 5th Dean of Westminster Abbey during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. Thereafter, the property was owned by the Wynne family and then by James Goodrich in the late 1870s, who was High Sheriff of Denbighshire. Prior to the current ownership, the Clarke family who founded the Youth Hostel Association were resident. The property stands in an elevated position with a splendid east facing aspect with extensive panoramic views over the Vale of Clwyd to the Clwydian Mountain Range. Located off a minor country lane leading to the hamlet of Graigadwywynt, the market town of Ruthin is just three miles to the north where there is an excellent range of local amenities and good road links to Mold 13 miles and Chester 26 miles from Eyarth Hall. The Hall has been sub-divided by the current owners. The vertical division is effected by a single, thick wall from the ground floor to the roof. Combined with the slope of the garden the property gains exceptional privacy from the rear section. The house is in part stone, half timbered with some rendered elevations beneath a slate roof. Internally there is some fine timber work with exposed beams and panelling, plus several date plaques, and a wig cupboard. THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES: GROUND FLOOR ENTRANCE PORCH Twin glazed doors leading in with a fine slate slab floor, oak seats and part glazed to one side. An original oak studded door opening to the reception hall. RECEPTION HALL 15’8” x 15’3” (4.78m x 4.65m ) With part oak panelling, window to the north elevation with fitted shutters, shelved cupboard with family crest above, wig cupboard (which could readily be converted to provide a cloakroom and wc), wall light points, a fine and ornate carved oak fireplace surround with date plaque 1599 with delft tiles and open fire grate, exposed ceiling beams, spot lights, wall light points and radiator. INNER HALL Glazed door opening to the garden, a wide and fine staircase rising to the first floor with heavy turned newels, barley twist spindles and cupboard beneath. A fine herringbone wood block floor, wall lights and radiator. Recently installed Worcester Bosch oil fired boiler. DINING ROOM (east) 19’10” x 15’1” + bay window (6.05m x 4.60m + bay window) With French window and shutters opening to the garden, open fireplace with log store, exposed beam and deep recess to one side, wall light points and panelled radiator. DRAWING ROOM (south and east) 20’6” x 13’6” + 2 large bays (6.25m x 4.11m + 2 large bays) French window with shutters to garden, further south facing hexagonal bay, display shelving with cupboards beneath, open fireplace, built-in drinks cupboard, wall light points and two radiators. KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM (south) 21’ (max) x 14’9” (6.40m (max) x 4.50m) Extensive range of base and wall mounted cupboards and drawers with solid oak panelled door and drawer fronts with contrasting working surface to include glazed display cabinets with concealed lighting and open shelving. Inset 1ó bowl sink with drainer, integrated dishwasher, microwave oven and oven. Built-in refrigerator and electric freezer. A cream enamelled four-oven electric AGA with twin hotplate and integrated twin electric hob. Window with shutters overlooking the garden, downlighters, sealed composition floor and radiator. FIRST FLOOR LANDING A fine pitched pine staircase with barley twist balusters and handrail on both sides leading to a very spacious landing bearing the Wynne plaque dated 1606. Shutters to window. MASTER BEDROOM (south) 18’9” x 15’0” (5.72m x 4.57m) With window seat, shutters to window, enclosed basin with concealed lighting and cupboard below, range of fitted wardrobes and paneled radiator. EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM Tiled area with electric unit, wash basin and wc. UPPER LANDING Five wide stairs from the landing. With two candle cupboards, wall light points, window shutters and radiator. BEDROOM TWO (east) 13’7” x 12’10” (4.14m x 3.91m) With bay window, built-in cupboard with shelving above, built-in wardrobe and hob grate fireplace with marble surround. BEDROOM THREE (east) 20’2” x 12’11” (6.15m x 3.94m ) With bay window, hob grate with marble surround, shelving, built-in cupboards, built-in wardrobe and radiator. BEDROOM FOUR 5.2m x 3.6m (17’1” x 11’10”) Window shutters, hob grate, airing cupboard with cylinder and radiator. EN SUITE BATHROOM 2.5m x 3m (8’2” x 9’10”) Four piece coloured suite comprising panel bath, pedestal wash basin, low level WC and bidet. Part tiled walls, roof light. CLOAKROOM 2.3m x 1.4m (7’7” x 4’7”) Wash basin and low flush w.c. SECOND FLOOR LANDING Side lobby leading to a large attic store room. BEDROOM FIVE 4.6m x 5.3m (15’1” x 17’5”) BEDROOM SIX 4.7m x 3.9m (15’5” x 12’10”) OUTSIDE Eyarth Hall and neighbouring property is approached over a long private drive, which will remain in the ownership of Eyarth Hall. Thereafter, the drive divides into a private tarmacadam drive leading directly to the northern elevation of the house with large turning and parking area. GARDENS AND GROUNDS The principal gardens lie to the southern elevation of the house, where there is a wide lawn adjoining the original Elizabethan terrace with rockery and gravelled path, and a further lawn. Steps lead down to a lower terrace, which is the remains of the old coaching drive and is planted with many shrubs and spring bulbs. To the end of the garden, a recently constructed building provides a substantial store being of block construction and tiled roof with internal measurements of 3.1 × 6.7m. ADJOINING LAND AVAILABLE There is the possibility of purchasing part of an orchard, an adjoining parcel of woodland and grazing fields to the north, east and west of Eyarth Hall by separate negotiation, details of which are available on inspection. SERVICES Mains electricity. Shared private water supply from a bore hole to the front field and pumped to the house. Private drainage system. Oil fired central heating. DIRECTIONS Post Code: LL15 2EL From Ruthin take the A494 Corwen road for about 2 miles turning left signposted Llanfair DC. Pass over the bridge and 100 yds down to the crossroads and turn right. Proceed for just over half a mile and the drive to Eyarth Hall will be found on the right hand side between large stone gate posts by an entrance lodge. Proceed up the drive and take the first left into the drive to the house leading up to the Hall with a large tarmacadamed forecourt. Local Authority Denbighshire County Council, Russel House, Rhyl, LL18 3DP Telephone: - Click here to reveal phone number - ouncil Tax: Band I LISTING Eyarth Hall itself is listed Grade II and the gardens have been listed by Cadw.