Previously €4.5M | No Reserve | Open to Offers!!
Located in Saint-Clair, Southwest France just 1.5 hours to Toulouse, Bergerac, Cressensac and their airports. Saint-Clair is filled to the brim with beauty. This wine country location perfectly combines medieval flair with gorgeous views, delectable dining, and endless outdoor activities. Enjoy fine dining at a variety of restaurants and cafes nearby or explore the rich history of the area by visiting one of the many nearby castles, including your own!
With a 2-story winery, 2,000 merlot vines, trails for horseback riding, a lighted tennis court, and pool, as well as a fitness center, spa, office, and marquee, you never need to leave your estate to live the famously French, luxurious lifestyle. Whether your days are spent traveling the world from one of the many nearby airports, exploring Causses du Quercy Natural Regional Park, or just strolling along your impeccably maintained 160 acres, Saint-Clair is the ideal location for a life filled with charm, luxury, tranquillity, and opportunity. Château Pechrigal SAINT-CLAIR, FRANCE for Sale.
HISTORY OF PECHRIGAL:
The place of Pechrigal appears in the documentation in 1354. In 1368, the lair belonged to the noble Pierre de Casatou (or Cazeton), coseigneur of Gourdon and lord of Saint-Clair. After this date, Pechrigal's story becomes confusing, as it changes hands many times over the years until 1648, when Jacques de Séguy bought the rights to adapt and other rights, now owning the entire feudal lordship of Pechrigal, which passed by alliance in the following century to the Lagrange-Gourdon. Famously, it was stormed by Captain Panelot who captured Jean de Séguy at the castle in 1590. The castle was then extensively restored in the 20th century. The north wing seems to retain vestiges of the lair mentioned in the 14th century, and the south-eastern pavilion of parts prior to the arrangements of the 16th century, to which the castle probably owes most of its floor plan.
• 17,560sf main building
• 108 acres
• 19 bedrooms | 17 full baths | 3 half baths
• Gym, game room, sauna, garage, dovecote, and caretaker house.
• Wine country location with working 2-story winery and grapes.
• Architectural features | 3-story medieval castle; Stone details; Beamed ceilings; Authenticity historical and stylistic; Construction from the 14th and 15th centuries; High quality renovation has been done, respecting the spirit of the medieval builders and new applicable building codes; Hilltop location; Sweeping views
• Former home of Léo Ferré: poet, author, composer and talented performer
• Spacious bedrooms | Ensuite rooms; Spaces for additional guests
• Caretaker’s house | 2 stories; 1,775 sf.
• Catering-caliber kitchen; Formal dining space; Multiple lounge areas; Al fresco dining
• Additional spaces | Reception room; Fitness center; Sauna; 890 sf. garage; Game room; Office; Marquee; Dungeon; Dovecote
• Other amenities | Hot tub; Multiple fireplaces; Fantastic staff available; Entrance gate; Wired in 110v & 220v
• Outdoor features | Terrace; Pool with diving board; Pool house; Tennis court; Barbeque; Ample parking; Garden
• Gentle climate; Cool winters and warm summers; Large windows for sunshine and views
• Winery | 1,700 sf. 2-story winery; 2,000 merlot plants; 1,050 gallon SS wine tank storage
• Investment opportunity | Rented exclusively for weddings, family reunions, anniversaries, family vacations, etc; Premiere venue
• Activities | 25 minutes to Causses du Quercy Natural Regional Park; Horseback riding, canoeing, wine tasting
• Wine country location | 1.5 hours to Toulouse Blanc airport; 45 minutes to Cressensac; 1.5 hours to Toulouse, Bergerac, and their airports; 2.5 hours to Bordeaux; 3.5 hours to Spain; 5 hours to Paris by car or by train, 8 trains daily to Paris.
• Château Pechrigal SAINT-CLAIR, FRANCE for Sale.
Previously Offered for €4.5M | No Reserve | Open to Offers
Any further questions please get in touch.
You need to get independent advice on buying any property listed as we will not be held liable for any loss or otherwise. We are simply the advertising medium so you need to make your own investigations into the accuracy of information given in the advertisements.
While we endeavour to keep information up-to-date, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of this information. None of the information contained in this information should be construed as financial advice and you should always seek independent financial advice as individual circumstances may vary. Any reliance you place on the information contained in the information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event shall we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are interested to see some of our other Amazing Properties, Please See our Current Listings page Below:
http://irishsporthorses.ie/product-category/equestrian-property/ ...Read full description