Colour BayGelding15 handsWelsh D
Robanna Ivan Ho (Rolo)
Very sad sale of my beloved 15hh bay 9 yo welsh section D. (Green passported).
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to advertise my best friend.
I have had Rolo for a year however I feel as though I am unable to to progress with myself and want to find a Rolo a more suitable home that can give him the time he deserves.
I will start with rolos “issues.” As it is extremely important to me that I find him the perfect home.
When I bought Rolo last July, I was under the impression that he had been recently backed and was riding away in walk and trot, however after bringing him home and being with him for a few weeks, it was clear there were many issues and I decided to restart him.
Rolo has had 2 previous owners (plus breeder).
- Rolo is an extremely sensitive and anxious boy and needs to go to a home that will be patient and kind. Beating him into anything just won’t work.
- Rolo is not the type of horse that you can just jump on, and you must get to know him before he allows you on his back.
- Rolo has hacked out alone and in company but not in traffic, he is forward out on a hack and often snorts at new things. With this being said, Rolo is used to farm machinery and cars etc driving past the arena every day.
- Rolo does nip, however is not aggressive, I feel this is something he does to play and he is so immature.
- Rolo was professionally backed as a 4 yo however there were issues with this which I am happy to go into detail. He was then turned away for another 4 years and bought by another girl. She re-backed Rolo and had him for less than a month before I bought him and restarted him.
- Rolo is by no means a novice ride, he needs someone confident, patient and kind as he is so anxious.
- I have not loaded Rolo since owning him however when we brought him home it did take around 2 hours to load him.
- Rolo does have sweet-itch however as you can see from the photos, he has a lovely coat and full mane and tail and is easily maintained.
- Rolo has very good showing bloodlines.
- Rolo is very low maintenance as when I bought him, he had always lived out 24/7, he currently lives in overnight which he seems to prefer. He is barefoot and not on a heavy feed.
- Rolo is an absolute dream to catch. He will usually walk up to you from wherever he is in the field however during spring and summer he sometimes doesn’t come over until you are a few metres away, but never runs away.
- Rolo is never sick or sorry.
- Rolo is not dangerous or aggressive, he is just scared. He doesn’t kick, buck or rear. Sometimes when coming into spring, he throws the odd buck on the lunge and does kick out if you use the whip on his hind (best to tap just behind your leg).
- Rolo is forward going but not strong.
- He is a super quick learner but you need to be consistent. Once he knows what to do/sees something once he is fine, however if you don’t maintain this he can go backwards.
- I am still in contact with both of rolos previous owners and am aware of his full history.
This is an absolutely heartbreaking sale however as I have finished uni and will be starting full time work soon, I will not have the time that I can currently give him and am unable to progress myself.
I do feel selfish advertising Rolo as I do not want him to be passed from pillar to post and always promised myself I would not sell him, however I feel he is not progressing with me as I do not have the confidence to bring him on any further than I already have.
Home is so much more important than price and I am in no rush to sell this boy. If I cannot find him the perfect home, then I just won’t sell him.
...Read full description