Dave - 5 yo (14) cob, passport & chipped upto date with injections and health checksI bought him at 3 yo where he had been living post being rescued at 2.
On the ground Dave has perfect manners, he comes to call in a herd or individual turnout, he is a gentleman in the stable and being lead, he is good to tack up, picks up all four feet & picking out & perfect for a full groom
Dave can be a bit of a fidgit to be clipped, & needs twitching to clip neck/whithers
Dave is ok for a trim with the farrier, he's recently had front shoes on (cold shod) and needs more practice as threw in a couple of rears but we got there in the end, he was well behaved the first time but then decided he didn't like them!
Dave can be warey of males, he's a little scared, he will back off in the stable and try and move out of the way. He is fine with my husband though and once he trusts a man he's ok
Dave is not in any way a child's pony
Standing at 13'3, the vet still believes he will make 14'1 when finished
Dave was slowly broken from 4, over the last 14 months he's been ridden twice weekly. 80% of the time he is good as gold, the other 20% he can be a bit of an arse to put it politely. He drops a shoulder & spins, bolts off around the school and will continue to do so until you either fall off or work with him to stay on and calm him down. He requires a confident & capable rider and someone who isn't going to give up on him. He's at the naughty 5 age where he needs riding daily. he's being ridden twice weekly and he's usually good (USUALLY). He's always been foot perfect on a hack, hacks with one other horse but he would go alone. He's seen tractors, trailers, cyclists, cement mixers, barking dogs, galloping ponies and he's great. Only little spooks at the usual things, he has dropped a shoulder once and got a rider off and trotted away, another reason why he needs an experienced rider who will keep him safe. quirks are completely workable
Dave has sweet itch, currently unmanaged but only affecting hind, shoulders and neck. Could easily be managed with sweet itch rug and usual lotions but unable to rug him in the field as he has walked through the electric fence before with it on (individual turnout) so could have been to get to others, but livery yard owner will not allow him to be rugged now.
Dave will come with all tack (synthetic saddle) and bridle.)
Trial facilities include sand paddock, please do not ask to try him if you cannot ride. He needs a confident and experienced rider and not someone who will set him back.
Dave is usually lunged for ten minutes before being ridden due to him only being ridden twice per week
He is also a bugger to load, buyer will need to come equipped to load him, he has always refused a 3.5 ton but eventually gets on a trailer after a lot of shoving and a couple of rears, all things that can be worked on with time and patience.
message for more info.