Make your own horse blanket
- First you will need to measure your horse from the chest to the point of the buttock. This is the style of measurement for blankets in the UK which is great because it is the actual length of the blanket.
- Once you know the size you can choose or make your pattern.
- If you need to alter the size of the neck hole etc then you can make the alterations and then pin the pattern to the fabric and cut it out.
- Sew the pieces together.
- Once the homemade horse blanket is sewn then you should check it for fit before adding any binding and strapping.
- Sew the binding on the bottom edge.
When to Use Horse Rugs
Horse Accessories - Guide to Horse Rugs
Horse Accessories - Types of Horse Rugs
Need to name a horse? There are some crackers on here!
5 Dress up Ideas for You and Your Horse this Halloween
Diagnosing and treating horses with lice