Washing a Horse Blanket
Horse blankets get dirty quite easily and get worn out if not looked after properly. Most horse owners like to keep their horse blanket in good condition, and clean for their horse. For a guide on horse blanket cleaning, see the following.
• To start, choose a place for horse blanket cleaning where you lay it out fully. Take the attached straps and roll them around themselves until they reach the point that they attach to the horse blanket. Using some duct tape, secure this roll so that it stays together and does not undo itself.
• Anything removable should be taken off, such as leg straps. These will be cleaned separately.
• For exceptionally filthy horse blankets, it is probably worth doing some horse blanket cleaning beforehand. Take a brush and some soap and scrub away encrusted dirt.
• Put one horse blanket in your washing machine at a time. If the horse blanket is made from a light material because it is anti-sweat or a cooler then you will be able to wash a two or three at a time.
• Turnout blankets should be washed on a normal or heavy cycle in hot water. Lighter sheets are better washed in cold water on a normal cycle.
• When the cycle has completed horse blanket cleaning, hang the blanket up to dry. Alternatively, use a heavy duty drier.
Saddling Up Sport Horses
How to Store a Saddle For a Long Time
Wearing Boots for Riding
Your top 500 most popular horses names
Diagnosing and treating horses with lice
Signs, symptoms and treatments of ringworm in horses