Top 10 Horse Insurance Tips
Tuesday 02 November 2010
Find out why horse insurance is so important in today’s world, but also get our Top 10 equine insurance tips so you end up with the right deal.
1. Vet bills can run into the thousands, which means with a good policy you give your horse the best chance of treatment without having to spend a fortune.
2. Third party horse insurance is useful for making sure that others are protected if in the unlikely event your horse should cause harm to another person or their property.
3. Find equine insurance that suits your own individual needs. All situations are different, so it’s important that your policy is tailor made.
4. Read through your insurance policy carefully when it arrives.
5. Don’t assume that you are covered for all situations. There’s nothing worse than an emergency arising and then finding out that you are not protected by your particular policy.
6. If the horse is injured in an activity that you are not covered for, you will not be able to make a claim. Your horse will need to be insured for any and all specific activities that you will do.
7. Sadly, some horse insurers are reluctant to offer good deals to those with older horses. Make sure you shop around as you may find that smaller companies are much more willing and fair.
8. Do not forget horsebox insurance. This is vital in the protection of you, your horses, your passengers and the horsebox itself. Horsebox insurance ensures you are protected on the road.
9. Be sure to let any equine insurance provider know if you are part of any clubs or organisations as they may offer a discount.
10. Often, insurers will include a range of services within their horse insurance policies. These can be great as they cover any and all eventualities regarding the horse, people and equipment.
How to - General Equine Advice 20.09.2010
Equine Vision Information
How to - General Equine Advice 02.09.2010
Horse Insurance Information
How to - General Equine Advice 07.04.2010
What is a Horse Whisperer?
|Offer your advice|
visit now >
Barfield stud have carefully selected riding horses/ponies available for sale – for details...
visit now >
Quiet, sympathetic care provided for all your horses dental needs by a qualified Equine Dental Technician..