Top 10 Horse Health Tips
Tuesday 09 November 2010
1. When it comes to horse health, nutrition is extremely important. The kind of horse feed that you give can make a massive difference to the wellbeing and performance of a horse.
2. The weight, age, activity and health state all have a bearing on a horse’s food needs. Equine supplements are necessary for different horse circumstances.
3. Along with the right horse feed, fresh and clean water is imperative. This assists proper digestion and keeps the horse alive.
4. As with humans, exercise is essential in horse care. Cardiovascular horse health and digestion is improved through regular physical activity.
5. Mental health is negatively affected through a lack of exercise. You must keep horses stimulated for the best horse care, or their behaviour will change for the worse.
6. To prevent disease, there are a number of vaccinations that horses must have. These are given for protection against rabies, tetanus, rhinopneumonitis, influenza, strangles among others.
7. Parasites are a common issue in horse health, with worms being a particular problem. Worming medication is vital in the maintenance of the digestive system.
8. Horse teeth require rasping periodically as they do not stop growing if left uncared for. This horse care enables horses to chew horse feed properly, but also stops them from injuring themselves.
9. A farrier must care for horse hooves every 6 to 8 months. This is extremely important in horse health as the hooves affect the entire body.
10. Taking care of the horse’s stables, yard or paddock makes sure that the horse lives in a safe and clean environment. This reduces the risk of a horse becoming ill.
How To - Health 16.03.2010
Feeding a Horse Vitamins
How To - Health 08.09.2010
Information on Equine Massage
How To - Health 13.04.2010
Treating Horse Thrush
|Offer your advice|
visit now >
Prepare for the show season!
Save £10 on the Dublin Ashby Jacket in Navy or Black. Just £42.99 + Free Delivery!
visit now >
When buying a major investment it always helps to get a second opinion. This is never more so the case than when you purchase a used vehicle.