How to teach your horse to bow
Monday 26 July 2010
Here's our guide on how to teach your horse to bow in 6 stages:
2. Gradually taking it down so he lowers himself, this can take a few weeks.
3. When he can confidently do this easily we bandage up his front legs over the knees to protect them and ask him again to eat the carrot between his front legs.
4. Then as he lowers down lift up one of his front legs so he gently lowers onto one knee,
5. After a few weeks of doing this you should be able to give a cue with the whip instead of picking his leg up. Even ‘Apache’ the gypsy cob, pictured here can not only Bow but Spanish walk too – proving any horse can do this.
6. Finally you can even get your horse to sit down.
How to - horse training 27.01.2010
Training a Horse to Get Used to Riding Again
How to - horse training 19.01.2010
Getting a Horse Back Into Shape
How to - horse training 11.01.2010
Training a Horse to Drive
|Offer your advice|
visit now >
Grab a Deal on Toggi, Dublin and many more Top Brands + We'll Deliver for Free!
visit now >
100% Miscanthus, Dust extracted, Bio-degradable, Easily maintained, Try it. You won't be disappointed.