Best Horse Careers: Equine Dentistry
Monday 22 November 2010
Equine careers are a great way of being able to spend time with horses as your professions. You can earn you living while being in the presence of horses, but also making sure they are well-cared for. Equine dentistry is extremely important because unlike humans, the teeth of horse do not stop growing. This guide outlines more information on horse dentistry.
Previously it was much more common for horse teeth to be looked after by a vet. However, it is increasingly becoming a task that is taken care of by an equine dentist who specialises in dealing with a horse’s teeth and gums only. This is seen as beneficial as more concentrated care is given to this area thanks to equine dentistry.
Horse Dentistry Responsibilities
• In these equine careers, floating or rasping horse teeth is a main duty. This means filing the teeth down to get rid of sharp points, which could be harmful to the horse and others.
• On average, it is said that the teething process of horses can last 15 years, which shows how important an equine dentist really is. They are vital for controlling the growth of equines. In fact, equine dentistry may be required about 3 times a year.
Equine Careers – Becoming an Equine Dentist
• There is lots of training and dedication involved in becoming an equine dentist. Specific courses can be taken in agricultural colleges all over the country.
• Getting into these equine careers may not have a set route but you will need certification. It is not uncommon to find that you will have to take a long apprenticeship with a horse dentist as part of your training.
• Starting salaries tend to be quite low in equine dentistry, with the annual salary reaching around £18,000 to £20,000.
How to - Careers 02.11.2010
Best Equine Dentistry Courses
How to - Careers 22.11.2010
Best Equine Careers: Horse Trainer
How to - Careers 07.07.2011
Where to study for equine jobs
|Offer your advice|
visit now >
Guarantees your horse long-lasting protection against flies and insects.
visit now >
Alternative & unique natural health-care & feed products together with other original equestrian products!
visit now >
Save £9 on one of our best sellers! Ideal protection against flies and midges!