How to take a video to help sell your horse
The ideal horse video composition
Here are our top tips for taking a video that's going to really show off the horse at its best:
- Position the horse centrally in the frame - try not to chop off the head or hooves!
- If possible film outside on a bright day otherwise it may be very dark when viewed
- If you're hand is a bit shaky holding the camera, then consider using a tripod. This will give you a much smoother film, and is ideal for following a horse around a sand school for example
- Try to show the horse off from all angles - either move yourself or ask the rider to change direction
- Use your horse's technique to its best advantage. If it's a dressage horse then show its paces, if it's a show jumper then get someone to take a video of you jumping it
Once you've taken your video you'll need to save them and then upload them with your text when placing your ad with our 'Place An Ad' service.
Here is the basic technical information you need:
(Mpeg) - .mpg
(Audio Video Interleave) - .avi
(QuickTime Video File) - .mov
Less than 5mb
Top 10 Horse Transport Training Tips
How to Buy Horseboxes for Sale
Horse Insurance: Issues to Consider
Need to name a horse? There are some crackers on here!
Diagnosing and treating horses with lice
Protect Your Horse Against Shoulder Rub This Winter