I have already looked on horsemart, as I do every day! lol:D
This is Bailey the nutter! Butter wouldnt melt eh!!! He is, as far as I know, in Lincolnshire but it was a dealer that had him so he could be anywhere now. The girl I sold him to could do anything with him either & sold him to this dealer.
Im not saying every horse that bucks is a phsyco - Im saying this Palomino that I had was a phsyco, aswell as bucking he reared, cat lept, bolted, through himself towards another horses & riders. He was VERY dangerous. This is why I said he was phsyco  - not because he bucked. He tried every riding vice within 3 mins to get me off! Phsyco.
Edited by Mother of  3 10-5-07
Chestnut mares on the other hand are all sectionable! :P
I would agree with the comments that pallys are a colour and not a breed but some breeds are more prone to pallys than others and haflingers are always ( i think) palomino. I was quite keen on gettig a haflinger as they seem really good all round horses and really tough and sturdy, they do cost a bit tho.
I have also come across absolutly batty chestnut mares but then again ive also come across some extremely dizzy blond guys so i guess it may just be down to character and not hair colour!!
HAFLINGERS ARE CHESTNUT WITH FLAXEN MANES AND TAILS AND ARE NOT PALOMINO!
Haflingers are always the same colour. If there were palomino Haflingers you would also get creamello and chestnut ones. A palomino is a genetically chestnut horse with a special 'lightening gene' (cream gene) which causes it to be a gold colour with white mane and tail. If a genetically chestnut horse (ignore the flaxen mane & tail as that is a separate gene) inherits two 'lightening genes' it will be creamello (cream). If you wanted to breed a palomino foal the best way is to have one chestnut parent and a creamello parent because then every foal would have one chestnut gene and one 'lightening gene', therefore palomino. If you breed two palominos together you would have a 50% chance of a palomino foal, 25% chance of a chestnut one and 25% chance it would be creamello. This 'lightening gene' is also what causes duns. Colour genetics is very interesting stuff.
Sorry again for ranting. :)
R.I.P "Robinpony" 7/5/93-2/2/09
"The Two Hannahs" - RH and MB :P
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests