Well .. parents finally agreed to let me get my own horse .. so, this is me, asking for anyone who's interested to pitch in! I am, yes, a first time buyer, but not a novice at horse ownership.
Ofco****, I will not be getting my horse for another couple of months, as I require a little more money and reasurance of a safe, steady job - but other than that, I thought I'd start to prepare myself :)
So .. is all VERY exciting :w00t: :w00t:
Alrighty .. so what's first?
- agistment - free, what a bonus? At my grans 9 acre property - has most things I need. Has open areas for work, a 40m diameter hand built round yard (compliments to dad!) that can be used for anything, shelter for feeding and sheltering from wind, about 1.5 acres of bush .. AkA XC!! More shelter from loads of trees to the side, easy access to water, plenty of free grazing, quiet roads for hacking, easy access (a 15min hack) to a mates arena for more schooling and jumping, access (30-40min walk hack) to local show arena for Sj, Dressage, hack, games.. and my family are onsite all the time. Plus company from retired horse.
- feed - can be ordered with my grans feed if need be.
- transport - I have got my license, so I will be up there all the time.
- Tack + Equipment - I have loads of tack (saddles, bridles of all sizes, grooming gear, etc..), but rugs will need to be bought to size. If my saddle doesn't fit (has adjustable gullet), I have a mate or two who could lend me theres till I get one to size.
- Someone to check my future horse - yep, I have my mate who is a very experienced horse woman that might come down, my sister (even though younger, I'd still like her opinion as she'd prob want to ride as well :cool:) .. so that's sorted
.. anyone else like to pitch in?