Hackney Ponies for Sale - Training Guide
Training Hackney Ponies
Monday 06 September 2010
Hackney Ponies have a reputation for being a tricky breed. However, these ponies for sale are extremely intelligent, and with the right technique and patience, they can be trained fairly simply. A Hackney pony needs to be taught basic commands and manners as a foundation for future training.
• When looking for a pony for sale like this breed, you should be clear that you will need to assert yourself straight away as its leader. You can do this by taking an authoritative tone and assuming confident posture. Pop the lead rope to correct bad behaviour immediately.
• Hackney ponies should be tied to a ground or pull-back tie at first to teach patience. Start by tying up for short periods, then build the time up to about 2 hours at a time.
• If your new pony misbehaves while tied up, do not be tempted to untie him. Leaving him tied shows that he must behave himself and he will learn patience and some discipline.
• Once you have established some discipline in your new pony, attach the halter and lead rope to him and lead him round the pen. Release the lead rope from the middle of the pen and leave the halter on. Tap your lunge whip on the ground behind the pony to make him move forwards clockwise.
• A combination of voice commands and the whip should be used with Hackney ponies to get them to walk, trot and whoa. Your pony can then be taught to walk in reverse by using the whip in front of him. Use the command “reverse”.
• After you have bout a pony for sale, your training sessions should be kept quite short. Gradually, build the time up as he becomes more obedient.
How to - horse training 01.09.2010
Ponies for Sale - Training Tips
How to - horse training 06.09.2010
Ponies for Sale - Hackney Training
|Offer your advice|
visit now >
100% Miscanthus, Dust extracted, Bio-degradable, Easily maintained, Try it. You won't be disappointed.
visit now >
Make sure your horse is protected against those horrible horseflies
Just £14.99 + Free Delivery!